OAI manual Installation and launch
The tool is distributed as a zip-file, named: OAIHarvester-2.4.1-package, where the number indicates the version of the tool. The most recent version of the tool, v2.4.1, can be downloaded here.
Once you have downloaded the zip-file, please do the following:
- Uncompress the zip-file with winzip, 7-zip, unzip or a similar tool towards a location of your choice to create the executable and auxiliary files: two folders (named: conf and lib) and five files:
- To launch the tool please perform the following steps according to your operating system (OS):
- Using Windows: double-click on the file named oaiharvester.bat
- Using Linux: use your terminal tool to launch the file named oaiharvester.sh (i.e. make sure that the file has at least execution rights on your system using this command: chmod +x oaiharvester.sh), then type in your terminal tool: sh oaiharvester.sh)
- Using MacIntosh: double-click on the file named: oaiharvester.jar
The tool should now be running (see the screenshot below). If this is not the case, then please read the third chapter of this manual.